A blog about technology & software, business, and the user experience.
Written by the members of We Are Mammoth.

Friday, August 20, 2010

DoneDone'rs : Critical, 13% of the time

by Craig Bryant

Here's a historical breakdown of how issue priority labels have been used since the beginning of time (2009):

24% low
31% medium
32% high
13% critical

Have a great weekend DoneDone'rs,

The DoneDone Team

Read More Labels: DoneDone Comments: 0

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

DoneDone's Weekend Warriors

by Craig Bryant

Correction: 'Tim' correctly pointed out that the start dates for both sets of points actually are different weekdays. I stand corrected. And slightly flushed. So, read on if you'd like to live in my dream world. If not, might I suggest reading about my kinda calendar.

Original post:

Heres a month-over-month snapshot of DoneDone usage. The blue line has dips on the weekend. The green line (representing the previous month's activity) saw greater usage during the...

Read More Labels: DoneDone Comments: 2

technology & software

Friday, August 06, 2010

DoneDone'rs : 38,783 issues whacked.

As of 3pm CST today 38,783 issues have been closed out. Have a good weekend, warriors.

Tuesday, August 03, 2010

A quote from Pascal.

“I wrote you a long letter because I didn’t have time to make it shorter.”
- Pascal

Noticed in a good post over at A List Apart.

Monday, August 02, 2010

DoneDone Tip: Release Builds

Using the “Release Builds” feature is a great way to notify your extended team that you’ve wrapped up work for the day. It sends emails to the entire team letting them know that their specific issues are ready for re-test. If you find yourself overwhelmed with new issues, not-fixed issues, emails, and constant banter about all the above, your team...

Monday, July 19, 2010

DoneDone users: 41% done as of 7/30

As of Friday 7/30 at 3pm CT, the DoneDone community was wrapping up the week with 41% of it's issues closed out. Alas, next week is another chance to battle the other 59%

Want to see your own status report? Click the "Status report" link from your project's dashboard for a quick overview of where you're all at.


Thursday, July 22, 2010

A fisherman. A father. A new guy on our team.

We've been on the hunt for a while. A hunt for a technical project manager. Because we needed one. We searched long and hard. We posted ads. We had a few serial killers try to murder us. Then we posted a job at the 37-Signals board, and we received countless spot-on candidates.

We got guys and gals from all over the place. Poland, Germany, Oklahoma...

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Is LeBron James the King of Marketing?

LeBron James is going to announce which team he plans on signing with in a 1-hour, ESPN special airing this Thursday at 8pm Central time. Along with the announcement, he wants to sell commercial airtime for the special. His share of the proceeds is going to the Boys and Girls Club of America.

Whether you agree with it or not (and, given the charity angle, it's hard to completely disagree)...

Wednesday, May 26, 2010

We Are Mammoth is hiring. Wanna earn some tusks?

We Are Mammoth is looking for a technical project manager to work on-site in Chicago with our programming team. You'll fill a knowledge and communications role helping to build financial modeling tools and other data-driven web applications.

n your past life you may have been a programmer, a UX maniac, or a cult movie critic. In your current life, you want to do...

user experience

Friday, July 23, 2010

Unexpected User Experiences: Help That Doesn’t Hurt

Excessive UI makes computing a drag. I am emptying the trash, and yes, I'm certain.

But sometimes UI help is right on time.

I draw stuff. Sometimes lots of stuff.

I like Gliffy. I use it for UI sketches. I use Balsmiq too. They're both handy.

When I'm sketching with either tool I jump right to what matters - the interface itself. As you would expect, each time you draw...

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Beautiful Design

Just sharing another example of how an elegant and beautiful design can elevate a product above its competitors. When you use something that feels well designed and aesthetically appeals to you, it creates an emotional connection between you, the product, and the designer/company behind it. Places like Apple, obviously, excel at this sort of thing and clearly benefit from the...

Monday, August 02, 2010

The first mobile cell phone

CNN recently published an interview with Martin Cooper, the inventor of the modern-day mobile phone. According to him, they built and tested a prototype within 3 months. Remarkable. To rub it in ATT's face, who was Motorola's biggest competition at the time, the first phone call Martin made was to the head of ATT's...